Friday, April 11, 2014

I Can Be, Yet I Am Not
2 Cor. 4:7-18
Some of my most reassuring scriptures, are in 2 Corinthians 4:7-18. 
When my world seems to press down on me, this is where I turn to, 
to be reminded that "I can be, but yet I am not.
Knowing that I am just a simple clay vessel filled with the treasure of God's loving power, I can stand on the promises that follow. In this world, I can be hard-pressed on every side, yet, I am not crushed by it's weight. I can be perplexed, confused, baffled with the things going on around me or in me, yet, I am not in despair by perplexities. Others can persecute, mistreat, or intimidate me, yet, I am not forsaken, left without hope. Life can strike me down, take my feet right out from underneath me, yet, I am not destroyed with no strength to get back up. All that the world has to offer, which is the "I can be's", 
is outweighed by the grace of God in the "yet, I am not's". 
Knowing that all things are for my sake, that the grace which was given me, will cause thanksgiving to abound in the midst of life's hand outs, to the glory of God. As I read on in 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, I am told that my light afflictions, which are here today and gone tomorrow, are but for a moment. I have been assured that He who rose up Jesus, will also raise me up. I will therefore, keep my focus on the unseen things which are eternal, because the seen things of this world are temporary. 

 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment