Monday, October 28, 2013

LEGACY

A day that should have been dedicated to accomplishing a very long list of things that needed to be done, immediately was changed by the prompting of the Lord.

     Last night I missed viewing the memorial service of Pastor Chuck Smith, the founding Pastor of Calvary Chapel.  Though I missed the viewing the service, I received so many treasured blessings as the night was well spent visiting with some dear friends, sharing the Lord through tears and rejoicing in His awesome love for us. I knew that I could get on my computer and watch the service via internet when time would allow. Well, as the morning began, so did the mental list of things that needed be done, some of utmost urgency, but God had a different plan for me this morning. I prepared things to begin my days work, turned on the computer to start and prayed, "Lord begin my day with You." Little did I know that it would be through Pastor Chuck Smith. Directed to listen to those who were near and dear to the Pastor, God was specking volumes to me.  I soon began to feel like I was in the mist of  Mary and Martha with work to be done, but a message to be heard. I chose to be Mary and sat at the feet of Jesus.

    Several years ago, a wise man shared some wisdom that has spoken to me several times and here it was brought to mind once again.  This man said, "Each one of us should leave a legacy behind to be shared with others, so what will yours be?"  Recently, I have signed up for and I'm taking a writing class to learn to write my memoir and today  I was prompt to watch a three hour memorial about one mans legacy. Nothing is by coincidence, but all is by a divine plan. Legacy - Something handed down from an ancestor or a predecessor or from the past. While watching the memorial service, this thought came to mind, "Look at what Pastor Chuck has left behind for millions of people throughout the world, what is it that I am leaving behind?" Not that I will impact millions, but is my life impacting anyone? 

     Here are some of the things that I picked up as I listened to those paying tribute to this special man.
  • "Take time to read, Jesus took time to bleed."
  • Just yesterday, my pastor, Pastor Kenny emphasized in church, Mark 9:7, "This is my Son, whom I love, LISTEN to Him!"  I even circled it in my Bible. This was quoted again in the tribute to Pastor Chuck. God's confirmation!!!!
  • In a song, these words spoke volumes, sung by Malcoml & Alwyn, "Fools Wisdom"  "I got myself some wisdom from a leather-backed book, I got myself a Savior when I took a second look".
  • Here is the link to hear the song  http://youtu.be/0WpFvsQc0qM
  • "Simply preach the Word, SIMPLY!"
  • In an illustration of a cassette tape (if you know what those are) which has a recording of Pastor Chuck's teaching, it was pointed out that he would preach and pause and preach and pause. This pastor shared that Pastor's Chuck's passing is just a pause for us here on earth until we meet again. That is a beautiful picture of our loved ones who passed on before us. This is just a pause until we meet again.
  • The final impact of the memorial service to me is this, in telling my legacy to those who will listen, I pray that my life has, is and will be telling about the Love of Jesus and that He loves us all.

We all have a story to tell about the life we live, a legacy to leave behind. So Lord, this life I am living, I pray that I am found living it for You and that others will see Your Glory.

 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment