Thursday, October 17, 2013

WARMTH FOR THE DAY

     There is a definite chill of Fall in the air this morning. As I look out my window watching the sun melt the glistening layer of a mild frost off the hillside, I think it might be time to turn the heater on to warm up my studio in the early hours of the morning. There is one place where true warmth can be found that will warm my inner most being any hour, any season and that is in the midst of God's Word.

     My faithful body alarm went off at the usual time this morning and the thought of removing myself from the toasty warm feeling of my covers and stepping out onto a cool floor, just wasn't how I wanted to begin my day.  But the thought of the needful things that were on my agenda, forced me to make that initial chilling venture into the "today" mode. Once out and ready to settle into the warmest spot in my world, I opened my quiet "spot" and entered into the warmth of my Lord. Turning to 1 Peter, I read, "Grace and peace be yours in abundance." My chilled body immediately began warming up with those greeting words and continued through verses three through five. I praise my God, Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, for He has given me great mercy of a new birth with a living hope and an inheritance that will never perish, spoil or fade away and it is waiting for me in heaven. Now if that isn't something that will warm anyone's heart, I don't know what will! Just those few sentences will keep me warm through out this Fallish day, for sure.

     Thank you Lord for Your mercies that are new every morning, for Your promises that are written in Your love letter to me, for the preparation of grandeur that awaits my arrival, for Your love that warms my inner most being, which is summarized into, "WARMTH FOR THE DAY".

 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment