Monday, July 15, 2013

Do You See What I See?

Do You See What I See?

Sounds like a Christmas song in July, doesn't it.  Rest assured that I am not promoting the Christmas season today, especially as the world see's it. Although, Christmas really should be promoted everyday celebrating Jesus. But, that is not what I want to elaborate on today.

The story begins with an excited trip to the store to purchase a dress for a special occasion. The thought in this one's little heart was that she would have a cute dress to wear and enjoy the day in it. As it turned out, the one that was decided for her was not what she had in mind. Actually, her heart was crushed. The others thought it looked great on her, went well with her features and complimented her. But that wasn't what she saw. 
She saw unattractive, not appealing and just not her.  
Don't you see what I see?  It's not pretty on me, I don't look good in it, I don't like it.

How many times have I felt the same way. How many times have I thought I'm not pretty.
It has taken a lot of years feeling that way until I diligently searched the 
Word and found what God sees. In doing so, I now see differently. 

The first thing that I meditated on and got a hold of was,
 Ps. 139:14
"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; You works are wonderful"
 If I doubt that, I doubt the ability of my Creator, I doubt His workmanship, I doubt who He is.
The fact is, He is God and He makes no mistakes.

Second, was 
1 Sam. 16:7
"But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have 
rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. 
Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
My true beauty is that which radiates from my heart.

 Third is,
Pro. 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Humility and reverence is wisdom.

Fourth,
1 Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
It is not all about me, rather it is all about Him.

And lastly, 
Gen. 1:27,31
"God, created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good."
I am a child of God, created just the way I am because He loves me.

His Word is assuring and comforting. Each day that He gives me, I want to grow in that assurance and comfort and I want to be able to share that with others who haven't yet gotten a hold of it yet.
I want to flip the thought of that precious little one's heart from 
"Don't you see what I see" to "Look and see what God sees"

My prayer for her and for myself is this, 

Father God, search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 
In His most precious name, my Lord and Savior, 
Jesus Christ

 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg"

No comments:

Post a Comment