Thursday, August 8, 2013

CLEANING HOUSE

At the moment, my house is under full remodeling construction. I am so excited about all that is taking place as I have been waiting for years for this to happen. Things are being taken down, torn out, rebuilt, replaced and all things made new. I am in awe by the wonderful work being done by that of a faithful servant. But in the process, there is the inevitable presence of construction mess, fine forever flying dust. No matter, the precautions in trying to prevent it, it has found its way into most everything. The clean up will come once the remodeling is done. The blessing in the mess, is that things are being cleaned up, thrown out and re-thought. Isn't it amazing how we can just stuff things away thinking that someday we will use it and there it sits. Or, I treasure that, yeah, ten years ago, but why do I now!  How about this one, wow, I forgot I had that, I don't even embrace that anymore. 

Conclusion, time to clean house. That is exactly what Josiah did once he heard the lost Book of the Law and realized what detestable things had been collected and practiced for years. He torn his robe and wept because of the dishonoring that was and had been taking place against his Lord. He ordered all that was against the written Law of the Lord, that which was detestable to the Lord, to be burned, removed and to be never more. Once cleaned, Josiah celebrated the refreshment, the restoration and the renewal. 

Now, as I'm cleaning things out, room by room, getting rid of the uselessness, and refreshing the existing, I am now getting ready to do the same in my spiritual home, my inner most self. After reading the story of Josiah again in 2 Chronicles, some self-evaluation is taking place. What am I collecting in my thoughts, my heart and my being that is detestable to my Lord? What am I stuffing in the closet that has no place in being there? What dust is accumulating on the shelf of my heart that needs to be cleared away? Oh my gosh, how long has all this been sitting there? Spiritual house cleaning is a must from time to time. If it is not done, things pile up, they get stuff in deep corners and they become useless and sometimes harmful. As Josiah did, we must get rid of the detestable, the unwanted and the unnecessary and replace it with the pure, the true and the good of the Lord.

Lord, thank you for Your Word, for the truth and for gently showing me that which needs tending to. Please give me eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart that is willing to rid myself of anything that is detestable in Your sight. Help me to clean that which needs cleaning and refresh my spiritual home. Thank you Father for reminding me that it's time to clean my room.!
In Your Son's most precious name, Jesus Christ I pray, 
Amen


 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment