Saturday, August 17, 2013

THE NEXT...

God is good all the time!  All the time God is good! I love that saying and say it frequently.
This morning I am declaring it, God is good all the time!
Life has a funny way of living sometimes, doesn't it.  Most of the time life is a puzzle with misfitting pieces and sometimes lost pieces. One day you're on top of the mountain and the next you're at the bottom in the valley. Some days the sun is shining bright and you're feeling the warmth, but then there are those days when the clouds are heavy and things are cold all around you.  Then there are times when you are sailing through life with the wind against your face and open space to enjoy. Then there are times when you're boxed in, closed up and no where to turn.
Let's see if we can figure this life thing out. If life is looking like a puzzle to you, do you have a clue why? What are the pieces in your life that aren't fitting?  Is it a relationship, is it a habit, is it disobedience, what isn't working for you? The lost pieces, are they something you have ignored for a period of time, is it something you purposely put away and now can't seem to find it even if you tried, or is it something you have run from and is now no where to be found? What about this mountain thing?  Are you on top saying, "Yeah, I did it, I'm good, I mastered that and it is all good and I'm am camping out here?" Are you on the bottom saying, "Why am I here, I failed, I'm not good at this, I can't even do that right?" Are you like a temperature gauge needle swinging hot one day because, I did just what they wanted me to do and they like me," or are you feeling a little deserted and cold because you didn't quite meet the expectations?"  Sailing through life, no cares to be had, nothing to worry about or care about, until reality sets in and you hit the brick wall of "hello, what do you mean you didn't care about that?"
Wow, here we go again, that self-evaluation thing. Is there a better way or does life really have to be a puzzle with misfitting pieces or lost pieces?  There is a better way and it requires right choices which will lead to the very presence of God, a relationship with Jesus, wisdom, knowledge and an abundant and eternal life.
  • "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."    John 14:6
  • "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture."  John 10:9
  • "And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray." Isa 35:8
Things don't just happen, you have to do your part, like putting one foot in front of the other, taking that first step, getting on the right path and walking in the right direction. There has to be a desire to want to follow the One who is leading, a commitment to stay by His side, a dedication to the Truth  and a loyalty to the Almighty, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ.

So the next time I feel like life is not fitting together or I think I have lost a piece to the puzzle, I will turn to the One who has all the pieces and who makes them fit together just right. I will never have things totally figured out nor do I want to take on that responsibility, but what I do want is to know the One who does know and to know Him more each day.
 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment