Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Quiet of the Morning

"Be Still and know that I am God"
Ps. 46:10

In the quiet of the morning, looking out my open patio door, this is what I see and hear.

Oh what a Beautiful Morning....

     Taking a deep breath, I am greeted by the smell of the air that has been freshly cleansed from the rains of the night before. On the grass, the pedals of the flowers and the grounds little puddles, I see glistening gems of rain drops sparkling as the morning sunlight brings them to life. My ears hear music softly playing from a nearby wind chime, early birds singing praises and the whispering of waving leaves because of the a slight breeze stirring in the air. In the beyond, is the sight of fluffy clouds nestled into the crevices of the surrounding mountains, shadows and sun rays coming and going as the they move on their way, and the promise of nourishment to the land in the hours to come. As I meditate on all that is before me, I feel the peace and serenity of the presence of the Lord stilling and warming my heart. With a bowed head in reverence before the Almighty, I speak words of praise and thanksgiving for all I am blessed with and pray for blessings for those whom He has placed on my heart.

Oh, what a Beautiful Morning....
Thank you Lord!

 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

1 comment:

  1. All of the sudden there is this racquet upstairs! It's the remodel carpenter! Darn that guy. But there is a light at the end of the construction events. The house will be all fixed up and ready to enjoy - after a thorough cleaning ! God bless those who reach out to lift up others by spreading the word of God or whatever each of us can do! Thanks Karen, I do enjoy your interpretations to scripture (writing style).

    ReplyDelete