Saturday, August 3, 2013

Genuine Wisdom
      Is your wisdom genuine or is it hindered by "You"? Take an inventory of your week, reflecting on how you went about your daily encounters with yourself and others. The question to ask is, what were your motives in what you did or didn't do? Were things done because it was all about you, what you wanted? Was there a thought about anyone else and how they might feel? Was there wisdom in how you handled things or was it foolishness which was hurtful to someone?
     Um! Wisdom is a word in scripture that is mentioned 222 times. I would say that there is something to take note of here. I want to look at what James has to say about wisdom. James gives us an example of two kinds of wisdom. One kind comes from me, myself and I and the other kind comes from heaven. James is known for asking questions, makes you self-evaluate to see if you are what God created you to be. So, he starts out asking, who among you thinks you're wise or has any understanding? He says if you are wise, then there should be some evidence like "humility". On the other hand, if there was any bitterness, envy or selfish ambitions in your heart, well, so sorry but  you failed the "genuine wisdom" test and passed with flying colors in the earthly, unspiritual and that of the devil test. Not exactly something to be proud of, to boast about or deny the truth in the matter. What it did for you was cause grief, disorder and every kind of evil practice.  Not a pretty picture. Not something to write home about. Sad thing is, we are guilty of doing just that, hurting someone due to our lack of Godly wisdom. If we are a child of God, we do possess that Godly wisdom, we just need to get "self" out of the way and stop hurting others and causing disorder.
     We know that the God we serve loves us so much that He provides a better way for us. If we stop doing that earthly thing, being envious or having selfish ambitions, but rather seek that which is pure, peace-loving considerate, submissive, merciful and of good fruit, impartial and sincere, then we will have genuine wisdom from heaven. The good fruit of doing what God created us to do will cause us to be peacemakers who sow in peace raising a harvest of righteousness. 
      Father, let us start new and fresh today, living the day with genuine wisdom that comes from above. Help us Lord to rid ourselves of ourselves and put on others. Please help us to remove any bitterness, envy or selfish ambitions and replace them with consideration, submissiveness, mercy and sincerity. Father teach us to be peacemakers, loving others and seeking genuine wisdom from above.
In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen
 photo 015c62a8-9458-48a4-9aa4-991065c2720a_zpsf63dba57.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I certainly have some experience with being selfish. When I was living a lost life all I cared about was me,me,me! God has helped me to change and it did not happen overnight, it happened in an instant! The instant that I decided to be a humble servant God started to open doors of opportunity to be of service. I just had to ask and be willing. Now days I have to be careful to not volunteer too much, I may need a cape - not because I am some kind of hero, it's just that I am a messy painter and I keep loosing my rags!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't we all messy and filthy rags but today we are wiped clean! You are my hero of "humility and generousity" in the genuine sense. Those paint blobs, drips or whatever and the lost rags are treasures in my book! Thanks for who you are!

      Delete